We have just spent a wonderful weekend visiting Jan's Dad in Freising. We had some great conversations and got to see both Freising and Munich from a local's perspective. While we were there we got to visit Dachau (concentration camp), the Saturday market in Freising, three different beautiful churches in Munich (one of them including the famous Frauenkirche), the Hofbräuhaus, the Schloss Nymphenburg (castle), the Deutsches Museum, the English Garden and taste the local flavors of Bavaria. (Michael, if I am forgetting anything you can email me.)Thanks for showing us your home Michael! We look forward to many more visits in the near future!

Church in Freising.
Jan and I in front of aBavarian advertisement.
Check out this new craze! Canal surfing!
Jan and I at the Hofbräuhaus,and yes I tasted this local flavor as well.
The famous Frauenkirche.
Jan and Dad getting an overview of München from a church tower. München will celebrate its 850th birthday next year!
My first time on an ICE train!
3 comments:
Finally... a beer picture!! I'm proud of you Em! Looks like you all had a great time!
~Sarah
Glad you are enjoying yourselves. Europe is so fascinating with its deep and rich history. How was the train ride?
The train ride was nice but much longer than a flight would have been. Next time we will plan our trip to Munich further in advance and try to get the cheap airline tickets we keep hearing so much about. Miss you!
- Emilie
Post a Comment