Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Deutschkurs

Check out my new school! Jan and I went to the Bildungsverein (a language school in Hannover) and got me all set up for my first language course here in Deutschland. We waited in a room filled with people from all over the world for about an hour and a half and then they finally called my number. Off I went with the lady and had a mini German discussion so they could assess my skill level. There were three beginning class options and I got to start in the advanced/beginner's couse. I start on November 12th and will go 4 days a week for 4 hour class sessions. I am so excited to start this class so my German can really take off. For now I am reviewing my book from my class in the states and things seem to be 'clicking' a little better now.

Jan has been busy applying for jobs. He's also taken up a few household projects. He's been spending some time fixing up the garden gate to the backyard. Tomorrow we will go to Munich to visit Jan's dad. Michael has a lot on our agenda and we are really looking forward to spending time with him. We will be gone from Thursday until Monday so we'll make sure to post some pictures of Munich on our blog when we get home.
Blessings to you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Emmy! I'm so glad you found a class that'll work for you. I'm proud that you're in the advanced beginner's class... go you! I'm excited for your weekend in Munich. Make sure to tell Michael hi from me. Have lots of fun, and remember that we're praying for you!
~Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jan & Em. Such great pics and fantastic that you get to learn at a good school. It is always helpful to have good teachers.

We're praying for you guys.

- Jonas