Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Back home in Großburgwedel

We arrived back in Großburgwedel about 9pm yesterday. The marathon was an incredible experience for both of us. I faced my race with a little nervousness because of the time limit and the rainy weather, but it turned out be be so much fun. I was soaked to the bone the entire time but still managed to push hard and get a time of 2:14:22. Jan´s race also went very well. There were about 40,000 participating runners in his race and about 7,600 skaters in mine. Needless to say he had many more people to fight through than I did and managed a great time of 3:49:45. We were both very happy with our times. The atmosphere was incredible and very inspiring. There were so many people cheering on the sides of the street it really helped you keep going, and of course finishing under the Brandenburg Gate made for a teriffic finish as well.
We hope you are all doing well. Thanks for your prayers and please let us know how you are doing.




No comments: