Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Election Day
So it is election day. The sad news from Switzerland is that I won't be able to vote. I started the absentee ballot process back in August and sent in my application. I should have checked on it earlier but seeing as how I'd never done this before I wasn't thinking about that. I called about 2 weeks ago and they said that they never received my application. I know I sent it to the right place too... so it was lost! The woman said that I could fax an application and they'd send me a ballot but time did not allow for them to send me the ballot, me to fill it out and mail it in to arrive the day before election day. So word to the wise... when applying for an absentee ballot, start early and check up on it so you always know the status. Happy voting everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I managed to get mine in time...It was a bit odd though voting for this think a month ago...then waiting!
Post a Comment