This is the scene Jan and I woke up to this morning. No matter how much we don't want winter to come there is no more ignoring it when you wake up to this. What I do like about it though is seeing (or hearing) the snow from a kid's perspective. As I am writing this entry there are kids on their way to school that are giggling and shouting with excitement at the sight of the snow. That pleasant sound does make it a lot better and helps lift my spirits to point to the beauty that God creates no matter what season it is.
Baby update: My stomach is growing and my pants are becoming tighter and tighter. No one can really tell that it is a pregnant belly unless they already know and are looking but nevertheless it is fun for me to start experiencing these changes. Yesterday I felt the baby move for the first time. When I thought I felt it I quieted myself and just concentrated on what was going on to make sure that it wasn't just normal bodily functions. It was definitely independent movement and I was very excited. I am 16 weeks and 4 days today... ladies that read this blog with children - when did you experience movement for the first time?
A couple weeks ago Jan and I were discussing some baby items that we will need and the subject of strollers came up. I remember some friends and fellow bloggers who also addressed this topic. :) Jan and I came up with our customized dream buggie... Friendly color (black or navy), storage space underneath, adjustable with the growth of the child (laying down and sitting), warm, safe, not too heavy (we have some steps in front of our house we'll have to carry it up and down), semi-sporty wheels (but not too big) to easily cope with the cobblestone streets, (so far all of these are not too extremely unusual), and my favorite: 2 adjustable cup holders. Why adjustable do you ask? European cups are not as big as the American cups so when moving back or traveling to the states it would be nice to have our cup fit. I got a laugh out of all the things our minds were thinking about around the single subject of strollers. Does anyone know of a stroller to meet this criteria? Other bonus features are also welcome.
Ahhh... the developing mind of an expecting parent.
4 comments:
Emilie! You are the best blogger! Thanks for your thoughts on Rome. I feel I was there with you guys. I have heard about Italian driving before. I was also scared (praying a bunch) when we drove around in India.
Cute snails.
Shie said she felt Esther the first time around her 17-18th week so you are early! I think there is a soccer player in there.
j
Jan likes to think that there is a soccer player in there. He is already so excited to kick a ball around with the little one. We have a running joke that the kid will be so good at soccer and cello that he/she will be able to play cello and keep a ball bouncing on its head at the same time. We thought about the violin but it wouldn't seem to work with how the head helps hold the instrument. We'll see. :)
Maybe it will decide to play the Alp horn. A first in our family!
- Emilie
So fun to read your blog and all the fun things you are doing. I think I can say for sure it was around 18 weeks that I felt her move. Before that I wasn't sure what was gas and what was the babe!
Strollers are so important, especialy when not haveing a car. I think you have covered most of the necessities in a good stroller. I would read recommendations from other parents who have bought the stroller/s you like. We don't have this - but Peg Perego usually gets good review. Ours is a Kolcraft, it's great, but too bulky for international travel.
Shie-
If I remember right I was in the same week as you when I first felt Noah. About 1-2 weeks later Sam could also feel him moving.
Stroller! I love our Emmaljunga City cross. It is a bit larger but less heavy than the city jet. The tires are the ones you don´t inflate so they wont deflate... They are a more sturdy so it works great on cobblestones and dragging upp a few steps. It folds together nicely too.
No cupholders. I never understood the cupholder thing. Never felt I needed it. I suppose that is an american thing. I haven´t seen those here. Storage underneath is better than the Brio strollers. Teutonia is very popular here too. they seem less bulky too. As well as bugaboo.
My best tip, go to a store that sells several diffent kinds and try it out. Feel them and fold them and stuff. Then buy a lightly used one to save a lot of money and our environment ;)
Good luck!
Post a Comment