Friday, November 14, 2008

A bit of a trip and a baby update

A couple of weeks ago Jan and I got the bug to check out a city we'd never been to.  We traveled 90 min to St. Gallen and had a beautiful time.  Unfortunately, all of the shops were closed for All Saints Day but we had a gorgeous day to walk outside.  This is a picture of one of the main churches and inside it was unlike many churches I'd seen here.  It was decorated with very light trimming and scroll work but the paintings on the ceiling looked like they could have been done in coal because of the darkness they had.  It was very beautiful.  





















And because you asked so nicely Mir, here is a picture of my growing belly.  We had our 3rd doctor's appointment yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat.  Everything looks healthy as can be and the baby's heart was beating right at 140 (normal is 100 - 160).  I've been feeling a lot of movement and yesterday felt a little kick that caught me so off guard that I almost dropped my snack on the floor.  It didn't hurt but it was just more powerful than any I'd felt so far.  The doctor said that she felt it move a lot too while finding the heartbeat.  Interesting, so small and so active.  Jan is excited about all the kicking practice the baby is getting already.  :) 

No comments: