Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Minnesota Orchestra comes to Stuttgart!

What a treat we had Saturday to drive up to Stuttgart and meet my violin teacher (Roger Frisch) from Northwestern.  It was fun to have a little piece of home with some familiar faces come for a visit.  To top it all off the orchestra was touring with Joshua Bell who played a beautiful Bruch violin concerto.  February has really been an inspiring musical month for me and has given me more motivation to practice.  We enjoyed time before and after the concert with Roger and made it home on Sunday morning at 3am.  We were both really tired but it was so much fun!  I also have such a wonderful husband to drive me there and back!  


































We even got to watch the orchestra rehearse before the concert.  It was great to hear all their little comments about what to touch up before the concert.  Joshua Bell also gave some comments about how he wanted his solo piece to be accompanied.  Everyone was so relaxed and in non-concert attire which made it so much more comfortable.  


















How did we get to Stuttgart?  Good question... we bought a car.  God's timing is really perfect.  Jan saw the advertisement in the grocery store and we called on it... 2 weeks later we brought it home.  The day we picked up the car Jan got his Swiss license and the day after I got mine.  It really will help in these last few weeks before the baby comes and afterwards as well.  What a blessing to be more flexible than we were before.  


















And the blog entry wouldn't quite be complete without another belly picture.  Thanks for the shirt Leo, you're right... a lot of belly does fit under it.  :)  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

heheh :) You're welcome!!
You look good in the shirt. Kussi
leo

Anonymous said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl I have ever seen! I'm so excited for you two!

-Jenny King

Anonymous said...

Hey! Nice car. Was it hard to get a Swiss license? It is very difficult for anyone get a Swedish license, Sam is finding out all about that. We can't wait to see baby pictures!

j

Anonymous said...

One more comment...LOVE the European hinged windows! They are so much sturdier and thicker over there. Real solid wood throughout and no finger jointed wood! Why can't anyone manufacture them here????

j

Anonymous said...

Yep, it was a little tricky for me to get my license. I had to have the official date of the first time I was issued a license to prove that I had more than 2 years experience. It was no problem for Jan. Once I got this letter in the mail I was able to hand in my application and pick up my license on the next day! God's timing was perfect since I got my license on Friday and we had picked up the car on Thursday. I had to find the right person to talk to at the license place at home because many times that info is hard to track down. Once that was done, it was easy!
- Emilie

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful belly! I always think pregnant women look so beautiful. Of course when I was pregnant I didn´t really feel that way about myself. But I think I once blogged about that!

Anonymous said...

It is funny Mir, I remember that post you made when you were pregnant. I actually think of it often. I think you had a line in there that mentioned something like you were so surprised about what people didn't tell you about pregnancy or something. All the extra little "benefits" of your body changing and preparing. Crazy all the things that happen.
I love the post about Noah and his towel/blanket too!
- Emilie