Friday, March 13, 2009

Just a little update

The last couple weeks have been very busy but good as we continue to prepare somethings before the baby comes.  Today Michael (Jan's dad), his girlfriend (Baerbel) and her youngest daughter (Annika) are coming to visit for the weekend.  We are very excited to have them.  :)  They are also bringing some furniture for us.  This could not have come at a better time because the woman that we rent from now needs her furniture back.  We have all the most important things though so we'll be just fine.  It just seems like a lot since my due date is in about a month!  
God is good though and has been helping us each step of the way.  Just when we seem a little too overwhelmed another piece of the puzzle to fall into place.  

Last Friday some friends of mine hosted a baby shower for me.  I haven't received any pictures from it yet but I hope to get them soon and post a few.  It was a beautiful evening.  My friend Gerrie even arranged for my Mom to be on skype with the webcam the entire time.   Mom had invited a friend (thanks for coming Debbie!) and they had a baby balloon and a little present.  It was great to have them there.  What a great thing technology is sometimes!  

Jan has been selected by his work to take part in a leadership seminar next week.  It is a 3 day seminar and Albany is flying people in from all over the world to participate.  It seems like it will be a great professional development opportunity for him.  Jan also started his soccer referee course last monday.  He will be gone the last weekend in March to complete the course and then can start reffing around the Schaffhausen area.  

That's about it... I'll post pictures of the apartment as things change a bit.  Have a lovely weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Sarah Ann said...

Thanks for the fun note on my blog.

I hope you have a very restful few weeks as you prepare for such an awesome time coming soon! I am so excited for you guys, you'll be such great parents and have such a sweet family!

Amen!-to how God puts things in place at the perfect time and in the perfect way! It's weird how he has done it over and over but we never get used to how amazingly he provides!

I am hoping to start a blog for Twin Cities Church to have people input what they are learning about God in their lives and I invite you to input as you discover so many new ways God provides as your family starts this great journey!