Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

Happy New Year!  We wish you all a very blessed 2009!  Looking back at 2008 it is hard to imagine that so much happened in one year.  For one thing, we've now entered the year our baby will be born in which sounds really cool, and Switzerland is feeling more and more like home.  We went over to our friend's Debi and Gian Marco's apartment for this years New Year's Eve party.  We had a fun time chatting, eating, plaing Tabu and ringing in the new year with a table bomb.  I had never seen them before.  It has a whole bunch of noise makers and funny things to wear inside.  Playing Tabu was really fun but very challenging in German.  It is a good way to cram vocabulary in your head because you only get 30 seconds to clarify what the card says and you can't use the words listed below the word you're trying to explain.  I did a couple of those cards but I also stuck to a lot of pantomime.  We had a lot of good laughs.  Thanks Debi and Gian Marco for the invitation... I'm so glad you don't live far! 

Debi and I
A lot of you have also been wondering how the pregnancy is going so I thought I'd write a bit about that.  I have been feeling great (although I might be coming down with a small cold right now).  So far I've gained about 5 kilos (11 lbs) and it really looks like a beach ball or something.  The baby has been moving a lot and Jan and I enjoy watching and feeling my belly move back and forth.  I notice that I am slowing down a little in some of my daily activities but that is obviously to be expected.  Jan and I have this huge urge to make the apartment "baby ready" and so we are organizing, moving things around and ordering a couple things from IKEA.  When we get it all set up I'll post some pictures (but it might not be for another 2 months.).  It really takes awhile.  We're trying to make this apartment feel more like ours, especially since we got the ok for another year on our contract to stay.  :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you look so cuuuuute, Em. Hope you have a wonderful and blessed New Year. Love...

Sarah Ann said...

So great to see the pregnancy is going well, and fun to remember when I was in your shoes and you were right on the other side of the apartment wall!

Anonymous said...

Yep, crazy! I miss those times of living next to you guys. Always nice to run over to your place. How are you guys? God Bless!
- Emilie

Sarah Ann said...

We are doing well, we are goiong to be moving out of our apartment by the end of the month and having been trying to buy a house so times are a little stressed. We have started to blog a little again, and I have started a facebook and hoepfully we keep up with it better than in the past.

So when is the due date?

Anonymous said...

Due date is April 13th, Easter Monday. A good chunk left but really not too long. Yeah!
Will keep you guys, the move and the potential house purchase in our prayers.
- Emilie