So my due date came and went on Monday. Jan and I are still without internet and now without a landline. The electrician should be able to come (unless we're in the hospital) on Friday to install a box and then we should get internet on the same day or on Saturday. I'm feeling well. Jan and I had nothing planned over the Easter holiday but it was very nice to stick around the apartment and get things done.
I had a doc appointment yesterday and things are looking beautiful. I had it at the hospital since my doc was on vacation. I really enjoyed having my checkup there because I got to meet some of the doctors and midwives that work there. I feel a little calmer now that I know the facility a little bit better. We monitored the baby's heartbeat again and they did some blood work. I have to go in on Friday morning again for another checkup if nothing happens between now and then. I have to tell you... the "I'm ready" phase is here and has been for a while. During the last 4-5 days I've been mopping, scrubbing, cleaning, walking, going outside, etc. and the baby seems to be still quite comforatable inside. I hope you're all doing well! It will be any day now!
5 comments:
I'm checking your post often and praying for you, Emilie!
Summer
Checking everyday now!
j
Don't worry, Em! Leann was late with Eli, too! Hang in there!
Thanks guys! It is so much fun to hear your encouraging words! I have another doc appointment tomorrow morning... should hopefully have internet tomorrow evening too. We are so excited! Come on little one, we want to meet you!
God Bless you guys and thanks for your prayers!
- Emilie
P.S. When we do have the baby, the average woman stays in the hospital for 5 days here in Switzerland... so I am sure when I let my Mom know when we have the baby she'll let you all know by writing a note on my facebook and I will post pics as soon as I can. :)
I look forward to talking after this is all over, we can enjoy each other's long pregnancy stories. We went 10 days past Riley's due date and I was 5 cm for almost a month before Riley came. It all makes for great stories! And tons of connecting with other moms after it's all over. Although it may not be so fun to talk about now! :)
I give you tons of credit for all that you are doing, it was really hard for me not to hide under the covers everyday to avoid all "Its not here yet!" comments! And I also remember feeling very lonely that no one else around knew how weird and uncomfortable it was to feel stuck like that. So if you're feeling any of that, it's totally appropriate! And if you're not, then you're blessed and maybe a little superhuman!
Post a Comment