Tuesday, April 21, 2009

3rd Checkup

So we had our 3rd checkup today and everything is looking really good and healthy.  The baby is still comfortable where it is even though I had quite a few contractions yesterday.  We were at the hospital for our checkup 2 hours and heard the heartbeat, got the contractions measured and had another ultrasound.  Once we step into the doors of the hospital things seem to take forever!  I am so thankful that Jan's work is flexible and that he can be with me all the time for these checkups.  We are meeting so many members of the staff and many do not speak English so it is nice to have him there to help me with a word here and there.  
Our next checkup is on Friday morning and then if nothing happens by then they will induce me on Sunday or Monday.  At least this can't last much longer.  Every time we have a checkup I always get my hopes up so much that the day has finally come but it is always pushed back.  I would appreciate prayers for patience.  Thanks everyone and God Bless!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Jon and EM you've inspired me and I have started a blog so I'm just getting started and not sure what I'm doing. Glad to hear things are ok and I am sure you want this over with as soon as possible. We are all anxiously awaiting so we can say hi to GRANDMA and GRANDPA. much love.

Anonymous said...

Love you both!! Em - you're so strong... I think I would have made them induce me already! I can't wait for that baby to come! YAY baby! We're still praying for you here!

~Sarah

Anonymous said...

Em,
You are doing GREAT!!! You've had to endure pregnancy 10 days longer than I ever have! I pray for you throughout the day and know that God will give you the strength you need. I'll send you a message on facebook for a longer note. Love you, and know that things are almost over!

Sarah Ann said...

Praying for you Emily! Even though I was there just two years ago, it's still hard to console because I know how difficult it can be. I pray for many distractions throughout each day and God's perfect timing to hurry up! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jan and Emily! I'm praying for you and the little one daily. Blessings, Megan B

mir said...

We keep checking to see if there are any news. Hope you are doing well!