On Saturday Jan and I traveled up to Stuttgart for a soccer game. Stuttgart and Bremen played and it was a great, intense game. In total we traveled 7 1/2 hours to attend my first Bundesliga game. On the train going to Stuttgart there were no seats left and people were standing for 1 1/2 - 2 hours just to get to the game! Once we got there the subway and S-Bahn lines were packed with fans!
It had been a long time since I had been to a stadium but never had I been to one like this. The fans were cheering so loudly and were so enthusiastic. Here is a short clip I shot after Stuttgart's first goal. Of course it does not do it justice, when standing in the stands it was so loud that ear plugs were almost necessary. I was very glad that Stuttgart won the match because they were all so happy!
When Bremen did score their one goal the Stuttgart fans were so mad and complained just as loud as when they cheered for a goal in their favor. I much preferred their joyful cheering to their frustration. Plus, it is always nice to win as the home team. It was fun to see players that we watch regularly on tv in real life.
Jan and I also pondered how much the Stuttgart mascot gets paid to stand and watch the game. :)
3 comments:
What were some of the cheers? Is that a crocodile mascot? There are no crocodiles in Europe...
j
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing about the crocodile. I have no idea why they have a crocodile but there has to be a story.
One of the cheers says something like... "Oh, V-W Stuttgart... our life... our team."
I gotta say, they really get into it.
- Emilie
P.S. I guess there is at least one crocodile in Europe... a very well paid one. :)
Hey Em,
How are you feeling? Any m sickness? Tell me more. Also, are you on Facebook? I am sure all you school friends are. Let me know when you get it.
Shie-
Post a Comment