It sure has been an exciting couple of weeks with so much going on. The world also welcomed two new baby boys: Paul Rune born to our friends Markus and Judith and baby Noah born to our friends Sam and Mir. We are so happy for you guys and will continue to keep you in our prayers!
Jan left today on his first business trip to Guernsey, an island between England and France. He will be there until Tuesday to meet some colleagues he has frequent contact with from work. I am excited to hear how it goes for him, but it is strange to have him gone even just for a few nights. Sometimes I really feel like Switzerland is getting to be a much better place with more contacts and work, but other times it feels as it did when we arrived in February. Still quite different and new in so many ways. I know this is a normal feeling and that so many things have happened but it still gets to me sometimes when I am alone... this is a foreign place. We've only been in Switzerland 8 months! Not so long... and I helps me to remember how much God has blessed us. I know we are supposed to be here... but man am I glad that the Lord gives his children strength when they ask. It was nice to go to church this morning and sit by an acquaintance of mine. Just to get out, be with other people and sing His praises helped. I am still glad to be here in Europe though. It is rapidly approaching one year since Jan and I moved to Opa's house in Germany. So much has happened, we've learned and grown a lot. We are truly blessed. I've gotten to get to know my German family a lot better, and my language skills are also improving. :)
I just found out that the test I took for my German Language Certificate was successful! I took it way back in June and just found out that I passed. I am very happy about that and would not have thought that would happen when we first moved here.
So this post has some mixed emotions... some sad, happy, thankful and thoughtful and I think that is normal. So tonight I close this post with a thank you... thank you to all of our friends and family members and their encouragement and prayers. We love you all!
3 comments:
Anonymous said...
I am so thankful for technology... this is strange I've never been the first one on my own blog to comment... my family in the states is visiting relatives in MI and they hooked up their webcam. I was so thankful to see them all and it lifted my spirits right away. Amen! :) Good night.
- Emilie
Wow 8 months! You are truely building a new life together in Europe. Looks like you are both doing great. I am thankful that God has blessed you.
Thanks for the Noah reference!
I love to visit your blog. Em, there is always a surprise color scheme change. I like this one! Good to hear about your progress. I can't believe it's been more than a year since you moved. I remember telling you guys that I was pregnant outside Barnes and Noble last year. Crazy!
Shie-
P.S. I have a German student in one of my classes. He is working as an au pair for a year and taking classes in the community college to improve his English. He sounds realllllllly Djgeeerman!
Post a Comment