Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I have a job!

Finally I can make the announcement I had wanted to make for months - I have a job! It is a big load off our backs and a great challenge ahead of us.
The company is called Albany International, it is American. I will be working within the accounting dept. at their new European headquarters in Switzerland. The job sounds like a challenging task, requiring much interaction with various plants all over Europe. I am looking forward to it. It will be an adventure for both Emilie and I, since it is a new location for the two of us. Albany is situated in Neuhausen, which is about 50 kilometers north of Zürich and right at the German border. So we could actually live in Germany or Switzerland - we'll have to see what works best for us. Already this Thursday we will go down and live in an apartement which the company provides for us until we have found our own. This gives us a chance to explore the area for a few days before I will start on Monday the 11th of February.
Much thanks to all who supported us in encouragement and prayer during this long time of transition. Grüezi and see you soon in Switzerland!

No comments: