Friday, May 28, 2010

The great outdoors

Last weekend the three of us decided to go hiking in Alpstein. It was a beautiful day and we were rewarded with this view when we finally reached the top of our very steep incline. It is totally picture perfect... one of the most ideal landscape settings I've ever seen. Then to top it all off... once you've hiked up and walked around the lake you can enjoy a really nice coffee and enjoy the view! The Swiss really know how to make the outdoors comfortable.

It was also the ideal setting for these guys. I had to used the camera zoom to get this clear of a shot but they looked like tiny gnats over the mountaintops. Don't think I could ever get up the guts to try this myself.

Lina had a great time digging in the rocks and watching Jan and I throw them in the lake. She was one tired little girl after this day trip.

Last Sunday we also went to the baptism of our friend Anja and her little girl Marie. Again, it was the most ideal baptism setting (direct on the Rhine) with such gorgeous weather!

It was hot on Sunday but Lina and Marie had fun crawling around in the grass. At first Lina didn't know what to think of things (the picture above), but she quickly jumped into discovery mode. She also loved the swing at the playground.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

We are moving to Lohn this weekend. Unfortunately we haven't received the new phone/internet contract I requested 2 weeks ago so that means we won't have internet/landline for a while. I will still have my cell on me though.
I'll make sure to update the blog as soon as I can. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! The picture perfect scenery is truly amazing. What a glorious creation we have to enjoy. You guys are so fortunate to experience its' beauty all around.

Those gnat guys are CRAZY! Scary.

j