Thursday, December 31, 2009


















Wow, as I write this I think about how strange it is that 2009 ends tonight. So much has happened in 2009... it has been a good year. Lina's year of birth is going away which means she's growing up... strange. Yes I know, she's still a little baby but man is she changing quickly. I know I don't speak of anything new for the many parents out there. I just felt like pointing it out once again. Lina is soon to be on the move. She's turning around in circles on her stomach and scooting across the floor a bit. My mind is going a little crazy because I am thinking of all the things I have to make baby proof.


















We had a nice, relaxing Christmas here at home. Sabine came to spend the days with us. We took a day trip to Appenzell and walked around a bit in the beautiful mountains, ate good food together and just enjoyed chilling out. We also had a good time watching "The Incredibles" on Christmas night. I love times like this... taking it easy, being together and resting.


















Ok the Swiss put Christmas trees in some of the strangest places. It is not uncommon to see them on top of houses, cranes on construction sites, etc. This one really took me by surprise though. The tree (fully equipped with lights by the way) was floating in the middle of the Rhine on two surfboards! I thought it was pretty cool.

We wish you all a very happy New Year! We're putting our little Lina to bed now and will quietly celebrate our first slide into a new year as parents. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I never heard of a surfing Christmas tree. How fun.

Good luck baby proofing the house.

As always, the back drop of your pictures look like posters fit for traveling agencies. Simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

I hope and pray that 2010 will be even more blessed for you guys.

j

mir said...

I agree, time goes by so fast. I think you are right too that we notice it more when we have kids that are this small. Every month is such great development going on. I went back on our blog and checked posts from last January and couldn't believe how little he once was. It's fun! I can see that it's him, he has the same manerism and some of those looks. It's just Noah. I had no idea how much of themselves they really are already when they are born. I'm sure you have noticed the same thing with Lina. Wishing you a happy blessed new year!

Unknown said...

Happy new year!!! :)

Shie said...

Happy New Year! Lovely pics as usual. That's the strangest Christmas tree location I know to date!

Lina is just so gorgeous. Can't believe she is already scooting around. Give her lots of hugs and kisses from me :-)