Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fall


We are loving the fall season in our new house.  We've had fun raking leaves and trimming bushes.  Lina and Jamie especially love playing in the leaf piles and filling buckets with whatever they find in the yard (making supper for the birds).  :)  It is good to be here.  


Jamie's personality is developing so much and it is fun to see.  This is a typical face from her and I was finally able to catch it on camera!  She was being a total ham this day and really showing off at lunch.  My Grandma Joni (Mom's mom) was visiting MN for the last two weeks.  She stayed with us a couple of days and the girls loved having her here.  It was really special to have that time with her and we are looking forward to future visits!  


Lina started preschool last Monday.  She goes three days a week for 2 1/2 hours.  She is loving it and the teachers say it is almost as if she's always been there.  There are nine children and two teachers in her class.  One of the best parts about it is that we can walk to her school in three minutes.  That is such a blessing since we still just have one car.  Lina has made so many beautiful fall projects that add a lot of color to our home.  


Lina baking brownies with Great Grandma Joni.  Or should I say cleaning up after!  :) 


Proud Papa. 


A few weeks ago Mom and I took the girls apple picking. Jamie just loved walking around outside with her apple.  It was a really fun day.  It was such a warm day though!  I don't think I have ever been apple picking in shorts and a tank top!  

* * * * *

Jannis has been in Germany this past week.  Opa Dieter's health is very poor and he is in the hospital.  Jannis was able to fly over and spend a few days visiting Opa and other family members.  Your prayers for Opa are much appreciated.  
The girls and I have had a fun and busy week despite Jannis being gone.  We look forward to seeing him tomorrow!  Just one more sleep!  :)  

No comments: