God has blessed the socks off of us in the past 5 months. We came to MN in early March and since then we've managed to get new phone numbers (again), get insurances of all sorts, buy a car, find a job and buy our first house!
The closing went really well. The woman who was selling the house was also there. Her name is Lois and she is a sweet, 88-year-old woman who raised 5 children in this house. She gave us the manuals to every appliance, a detailed map of everything she'd once planted in the yard, and a list of names, phone numbers and addresses of all our neighbors! Needless to say we already felt very welcomed into our new home. We've already met many neighbors and they all seem very nice.
We closed on Friday and on Saturday we started taking out the bathroom to redo it. I spent a few hours yesterday peeling off 1970's contact paper from every drawer and shelf in the kitchen (I'm almost done!). We're hoping to be moving in mid September. :)
So without further ado... here are some pictures:
Living room
Kitchen
Dining area
Master bedroom
Girl's bedroom
bye bye pink bathroom
Jamie helping me peel
Dad and Jan starting to demolish
The proud homeowners. Yes, it is a self-taken photo. The camera is
setting on top of the "sold" sign. :)
5 comments:
Congratulations guys!!! I really think you should keep the pink sink and matching toilet ;)
Congratulations, I am very excited for you! Enjoy your new home!
Richtig cool! Freu mich ganz doll für Euch!! - Leonie
Very fun! It's too bad the sink is pink. It has a cool shape.
SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Can't wait to come up and see it! Post pics of the remodel please, though I'm almost sad you're losing the pink sink and toilet ;)
Post a Comment