Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summertime! Huge summary...


Wow, so tomorrow is already the 4th of July.  I can't believe how fast the summer is going.  There has been a lot going on!  Jamie and I just got back from New Mexico on Sunday.  We went down there so that my Grandma and Grandpa Evans could meet their 2nd great grandchild.  I am so glad we could get down there to see them.  Grandpa's health is quickly fading.  Last year at this time they gave him three months to live and there was no way I could get there since Jamie was born.  I am so glad that I had to chance to see him again.


 Auntie Lauren came to visit!  June was the month that we saw so many people we hadn't for a long time.  My friend Sarah (Jamie's Godmother) also came up from Texas for a visit.  It has been so great to see these wonderful people again!  We are truly blessed with great friends and family!


There was a massive storm that went through here a few weeks ago.  The winds were so strong it broke  telephone polls.  In our neighborhood some of our neighbors lost every tree in their yard!  The above picture was a common sight in our neighborhood.  
'

 We bought this bike trailer to haul both girls around in.  They really enjoy riding together!  This is how we get to the coffee shop now.  :)


 Jamie loves popsicles!  Look at her teeth!  Some finally came in after her first birthday!


 Cutie pie sisters.


I enrolled Lina in a summer community education program.  They learn a whole bunch of games.  She has a good time with the other kids.  I thought Jan would particularly be proud of this soccer day.  The group meets two times a week and I am so glad it is in the morning because it has been so hot lately!  

In other (huge) news, we put an offer in on a house in Bloomington and it was accepted!  Last saturday we had our inspection done and everything looks good!  Our closing date is August 10th if all goes as planned.  We are very excited about being home owners.  

2 comments:

Sarah said...

AHH!! So much good stuff! I'm so excited about your house!! Can't wait to see pictures and hopefully visit with your nephew soon :)

Shie said...

Yeah! I was wondering about the house. Such good news. We need to get together soon. The last of our house guests will be leaving soon, so we should have our days open to hang out.