Thursday, August 25, 2011

Violin

I gave a violin lesson to a student a couple of weeks ago for the first time with both girls in the room. Jamie was very good and slept most of the time and Lina really wanted to play the violin too. I received a violin Christmas ornament from a student and decided to give that to Lina as her violin. I couldn't believe it... she took her small violin (in the correct hand) asked for some music and "played" her violin at the foot of the music stand for 20 min. straight while I taught my student. She wants to watch youtube videos of kids playing the violin and plays her violin right along with them. Here's a video of her playing her violin. We have to work a bit on how she needs to be nice with it but she does a pretty good job. Maybe I should contemplate getting her a real one... we'll see.


1 comment:

Shie said...

Super cute, as always. Love how they interact with each other. Lina is a quick study, she'll be teaching before you know it!