Friday, February 26, 2010

Milan/Bayern

Jan, Lina and I were out of town a couple weeks ago. We made two mini vacations back to back. The first one was to Milan, Italy and the second one to Bavaria. The first picture is of the dome in downtown Milan. The size of this place really struck me... it was huge!
We ended up meeting Michael and Baerbel for a couple hours while we were in Bavaria too. We made a journey to the top of a mountain via gondola and enjoyed some sun. This was a great idea Michael and Baerbel!



This castle was built by King Ludwig who also built the famous "Cinderella" castle Neuschwanstein. He built this place on the site of where his father used to keep his boat. Unfortunately King Ludwig died before he was ever able to use it.
You don't come upon our lastname in very many places so this place really stuck out! Yeah, it isn't spelled quite correctly but it is close enough. Jan had to get a picture by it.

So there you have it, a few highlights from our week away. There were so many things that I wanted to put on the blog to show but now it all seems like too much and I didn't know where to start. As more stories come to mind I'll be happy to share them here.

* * * * *

I know it had been awhile since I last made a post. To follow up on the previous post... yesterday at the International School there was a memorial service for my colleague (Victoria) who passed away from cancer. Please keep her husband Phillip and their two girls Olivia and Elodie in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More great travel stories...you are making us really jealous!

j & shie

Anonymous said...

Yes, living here has allowed us to see some really cool places. We feel so blessed for all the opportunities.
We miss you guys!
- Emilie