The fall is a beautiful time of year in Schaffhausen. There are fruit trees around every corner. I've seen apple, pear, plum, kiwi, hazelnut, walnut, and beach nut trees so far. The picture above is of a very large pear tree just dripping with fruit. Below there is a plum tree. The plums tasted very good too! You can click on the pictures to make them larger.
The picture below is of a beach nut shell. They fall to the ground and then crack open, then you have to crack another shell to get to the nut. I think the shell is really cool looking.
What a harvest! Last week at church we had a harvest service. There were so many fruits and vegetables on the altar it was amazing! After the service we had a nice fellowship time and enjoyed pumpkin soup together.
3 comments:
Hi Guys!
Lina is gorgeous! I love that shell. It looks like inspiration for all the little elf shoe stories! I wonder...?
Thanks Shie, it was so nice seeing you guys a couple weeks ago. I know, there are so many things about the area we live in that remind me of the fairytales. :)
- Emilie
I just love the pictures. You guys live in such a beautiful area. We hope to see you soon again.
j
Post a Comment