Thursday, October 15, 2009

Großburgwedel

Lina and I flew up to Großburgwedel on the 8th of October. We have been having a great time seeing family and friends. It is so nice to be here longer than 2 days at a time. The last few times we've been here it has been such a short visit. We've spent lots of time with Great Grandpa, Aunt Leo, Volker, Anika and her son Ben, and Judith and her son Paul. Spending time together with other babies is so much fun! Lina has enjoyed the company of other small people.
We also went out to lunch with the whole family on Sunday last week for cousin Moritz's birthday. There we had the chance to see some of the other extended family members as well. We've also had beautiful sunny weather here in usually cloudy northern Germany. What a treat that has been!
Here is Uncle Thomas with Lina.

This is Markus and Judith's son Paul. He is now over a year old! What a cutie he is walking all over the place and playing with his cars. :)
Here's a picture of the whole baby gang. Yesterday we hung out all day together. We played together, went on a walk, and then the mommies cooked together. I just love chatting and drinking coffee together while the kids play.

Another breakthrough! Lina rolled over for the first time by herself! We were all so proud of her, and she was so excited too! She sure is growing up fast! She loves eating her solid food (I am now doing it one time a day and will soon go to two times a day). She is now sleeping in her own room and sleeps about 11 to 12 hours at a time with a few pacifier replacements. I gotta tell ya, Jan and I feel like new people after getting more sleep during the night.
Jan is driving up right now to join us for the weekend and then we will drive home on Sunday.

1 comment:

Sarah Ann said...

It's so great to hear you got to spend time with other mommies and babies. I think our modern age really does miss out on many blessings by living so independently of other friends, family and neighbors. I've been an advocate of multiple family living situations ever since we've had Riley.