Monday, September 7, 2009

Hiking Day

Yesterday we woke up and spontaneously decided to go hiking.  It has recently hit us again that we aren't taking advantage of where we are living.  The alps are only 1 1/2 hours from us and we don't go that often!  So we ceased the day.  The weather was absolutely perfect so we layered up and went.  
For a lady still getting back into shape after having Lina I think I did pretty good.  The weekend before we'd also gone hiking and I hurt so much afterwards.  I felt good during the entire hike but when we got home my legs hurt so bad I had trouble walking.  Yesterday was much better though so I am making progress!
We took a gondola up the Ebenalp mountain and went hiking from there.  The sky was so clear you could see Lake Constance and Austria from the top.  In total we climbed 900 feet to the top of a peak.  The Swiss know how to make the outdoors so comfortable... there was a nice restaurant on the top of the peak with a spectacular view.  


















View from the top!


























Jan and Lina and yes, you can see our destination from here.  Do you see that tiny house to the left of Jan's head?  We went up there and it was amazing!  



























This was the view from the top of the peak.  Absolutely beautiful!  


















Restaurant at the top.  We enjoyed some great Swiss classics.... Rivella Rot and Roesti with ham!

6 comments:

Shie said...

Gorgeous pictures as usual. You are blessed to live in such a beautiful place. Looks like a lovely hike.

sam said...

It looks beautiful! Amazing pics!

We are going to miss the party on Friday night however as we fly in around 6:00 PM.
At any rate, have fun on the trip! Maybe we can find time for a quick visit and Lena can meet Noah and Esther!

Anonymous said...

It makes me want to yodel!

j

Anonymous said...

Yodeling is so cool! Too bad we didn't hear any that day.
- Emilie

Anonymous said...

really nice view!

leo

mir said...

Great pictures. Makes me wanna sing "where ever I go... there´s a sound of music.." What a wonderful idea. I would also want to hike in the alps.