Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Frankfurt

Jan and I returned home from Frankfurt on Sunday night. Here are a few pictures from our travels. Frankfurt is a great city and has so much to see!
This first picture was taken on the top of a small mountain. There was snow and warm tea and coffee waiting for us in a lodge at the top.








This is Frankfurt's old opera house. The fountain in the front is really red due to some dye they put in the water.







Jan, Sabine and Christoph in front of the Frankfurt skyline. Frankfurt is the only German city with this kind of skyscraper skyline.















Enjoying some coffee at a small cafe.








Talk about a clash of centuries! Old German houses with skyscrapers in the background!














5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I get to read two stories in one day. I am glad you guys are doing well and that Christoph is home from China. I know the brothers are close. I miss the little quaint cafe's. Thanks for the pics!

Jonas

Anonymous said...

Hey, one more thing. Great looking windows! I miss that style of heavy duty window with a real handle to open with. I am installing crank out windows at a house in Apple Valley right now. It is cold...
Jonas

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the windows are great! I really like the ones we have in the roof of the house that are slanted and open up on a pivot. One morning a bird flew in and was flying around up here in Opa's house. I just cracked the window a bit and it could fly right out. It is nice that screens are not so necessary here too. Thanks for the comment Jonas! Talk to you later!
- Emilie

Anonymous said...

Hey Emilie,
Glad to see that you are keeping the Thanksgiving tradition. I think it is the best American holiday. Christmas season is in full swing here. By that I mean crazed shoppers at crazy shopping malls! Thanks for the pics. It's fun to see European architecture. Aren't you due for a visit back?!

Anonymous said...

Wow, great pictures Emmy. How cool to have a fusion of new and old. I'm glad you got to spend time with Sabine and Christoph... hopefully Christoph will come home soon with the family. I bet Michael and Sabine would be really happy about that, not to mention Jannis! Can't wait to visit! We'll have to start planning that one of these days...